Friday, September 23, 2011

Busy Lives

This week has been one of my busiest weeks of my 2011 year. I'm the type of person who not only gets stressed out easily, but I need routine. I need to go to bed at 9:30 every night and I need to do other various things that complete my daily routine. It just makes me feel better and I have no idea why. But sadly, this week has been hectic and routine was out of the question.

Starting on Monday, I was incredibly sick. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I just had a terrible cold that refused to go away. Soooo, I stayed home. I absolutely hate staying home from school but sleep was essential if I wanted to get better.

On Tuesday, I was out of school pretty early because of my study halls and since Mom and I just recently got a gym membership and I was feeling a bit better, we went and worked out together. And that was just plain old fun. Gyms make exercise fun. I can't believe I've been missing out on this. But after working out, I went to my BRCC English class out at AMC. Yeah, it's three hours long.... I don't  need to explain any further.

On Wednesday, I started noticing something weird going on with my computer. I recently bought a portable hard drive thinking it would be easier to take with me places. Well, something went seriously wrong with it because my iTunes music started skipping and when it was plugged in, everything on my computer was slow as molasses. Thinking this would be an easy fix, I decided I would transfer my music (and pictures) back to my regular external hard drive. In the process, it would refuse to transfer some of my pictures and would corrupt them as I did so. It was not a fun time for me. Let's just say I hyperventilated that night. We took it to a few tech places trying to fix it but no one really knew what was wrong and we definitely didn't want to pay tons of money. Sooooo, I just decided I would try to fix it on my own. I finally finished transferring everything I could last night and although I lost a few pictures, I'm happy my computer is pretty much back to normal. :D

Yesterday, on Thursday, I felt like I had a million things to do. That was the day I spent most of my time working with my hard drive but I also went to school, wrote a paper for my BRCC class (that is horrible), read for Small Group, helped my mom put McAfee on her computer, went to Charlottesville for a meeting for Yearbook, and barely remembered to eat. HAHA. I love being busy, especially since I didn't do much over the summer but I need my relaxation days. So I'm glad the weekend is here!

Today, which is Friday, I have been deprived of sleep, gone to school, helped my one of my elementary school teachers with random things in her classroom and worked on designing yearbook pages with a friend. Today has definitely been good, though. I feel refreshed, energized, glad to have my pictures/music back, and am ready for a good night's rest. :D

So, that's an update from my week. I'm sorry for being a bit absent lately. As you can tell, my busy life is very.... well.... busy. Hope you all had a fantastic week and I will hopefully be sharing more pictures this weekend or next week!! Adios, friends!

And here's a photo because a post is never fun without one.


  1. Go to sleep. Please, dearie, you'll feel alot better.
    I commend you on all your hard work :))
    -Jocee <3

  2. I've been sick this week too :P but yay for feeling better!

    So, this weekend I was walking around in Charlottesville, and this random thought popped into my head: "I could see Meredith Sledge!" So I kept an eye out. Just a wacky, hopefully-not-creepy story to brighten up your day :)

  3. You both are too sweet! Seriously. I'm feeling so much better and I just appreciate your nice comments.

  4. great picture. and i hope things work out to your advantage.


  5. you seriously take the most beautiful pictures! I can tell you are going to have a great career ahead of you! xox

    I just became your newest follower! I'd love for you to visit my blog & follow back if you'd like!